Re: Market-based address allocation

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Wed Apr 30 17:23:48 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:10:03 PDT, [email protected] said:

> 	Oh... sorry, are folks really seriously wanting
> 	to treat integers as a marketable commodity?

Well.. they're already considered leasable/rentable. <ducks> ;)

(Yes, I know - what you're REALLY paying the registry for is to keep
records of who has what.  On the other hand, the concept of a certificate
conveying the right-to-use an integer or range of same isn't THAT more
disjoint from reality than the concept of a stock market where you trade
shares in a company, in the hope that you can sell it for a profit later.