Re: The in-your-face hijacking example, was: Re: Who is announcing bogons?

  • From: Nathan J. Mehl
  • Date: Wed Apr 30 15:57:20 2003

In the immortal words of [email protected] ([email protected]):

> However, that record also shows:
> TechHandle: SM73-ARIN
> TechName: Miller, Steve
> TechPhone: +1-617-873-3427
> TechEmail: [email protected]

Whoa.  That one sorta jumped out at me.

Steve Miller was BBN/BBNplanet's NOC manager, circa 1987-1994, and my
boss during my time at BBN.

Last I heard, he was happily employed at WebTV, so I strongly suspect
that this is not him. :)

> bbn.com (Genuity) most certainly wants to find out who [email protected]
> was going to in recent times.

I think that the bbn.com domain is currently under the control of
Verizon, not Genuity/Level3.  The domain, along with most of the
divisions housed at 10 Moulton Street (Hark, etc) became part of the
"BBN Labs" entity which is a wholly owned subsidiary of
GTE-now-Verizon.

-n

   "Would I have invented PCR if I hadn't taken LSD? I seriously doubt it."
(--Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize winning inventor of Polymerase Chain Reaction)