Re: Class "B" IP BLOCK

  • From: Simon Lyall
  • Date: Wed Apr 30 03:45:50 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> Thus spake "Stephen J. Wilcox" <[email protected]>
> > Oh, how do you demonstrate you possess this asset and its value to\
> > your accountant?
>
> You claim a value and your auditor agrees.  See also: Enron
>
> Seriously, that's standard practice for unmarketable or volatile items.

I recall being told around 1995 of a company that "owned" a /8 and as such
was valued at around $5 million more than it's other (apparantly few)
assets indicated. Not sure who it was but a quick check of the list shows
Interop (45/8) as being an obvious candidate.

Since Key3Media (which owns Interop, Comdex etc) appears to be in Chapter
11 it might be possible to pick up the the /8 fairly cheaply. A quick look
through their recent 10-K filing doesn't show it listed in the assets ( total
$129 million) however.

--
Simon Lyall.                |  Newsmaster  | Work: [email protected]
Senior Network/System Admin |  Postmaster  | Home: [email protected]