Re: The in-your-face hijacking example, was: Re: Who is announcingbogons?

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Wed Apr 30 02:12:07 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> Back in the day when we had InterNAP transit, I can attest that they were
> filtered at _least_ by prefix, by mostly all of the folks who they
> acquired transit from.

(I'm about to step into a big hole... but really I'm asking a question,
not being mean)

That may be true, but what does a provider do when they are presented with
written 'authority to use address space' from a customer? Certianly if the
customer provides 'proper' documentation that the ip space is available
for them to route, and that they have authority from the 'owner' to do
this... what is an ISP to do? Aside from route the blocks?