Re: mobile.att.net dead

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Wed Apr 30 00:06:17 2003

Back in the day when we had pagers (they still make those?), we'd find
that emailing things to pagers wasn't the brightest idea around.

Perhaps getting that old Hayes 2400 out, and getting a TAP/IXO thing
going..?

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Kai Schlichting wrote:

> If you are relying on AT&T's paging/SMS service (for your phones) to be
> alerted to (most certainly undesirable) operational events (or if you are
> replying to them via the 2-way SMS service), this is a good time for a
> backup pager:
>
> mesdns02.mobile.att.net.  22h3s IN A  199.88.234.125
> mesdns01.mobile.att.net.  22h3s IN A  199.88.234.61
>
> Both are dead like a door stop, and we can speculate on wether they
> are located in the same physical building, on the same routed interface,
> and the same physical switch, which failed the single processor
> blade driving both of them.
>
> I have pagers in my queue that are now more than 65 minutes old.

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, [email protected], latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --