Re: Get as much IP space as you ever dreamed of, was: Re: Looking to buy IPv4 addresses from class C swamp

  • From: Roland Verlander
  • Date: Tue Apr 29 22:26:17 2003

Jack Bates wrote:
> Actually, Spamhaus is very good at detecting zombies.

Wrong.

> The link provided
> is not strictly hijacked networks, though.

I know that.

Here is one example of how good they are in detecting zombies:

http://spamhaus.org/SBL/sbl.lasso?query=SBL7583
<quote>
zombies
hosting24-7.org / hostingonus.com / iohosting.us / tiethepen.com (zombie?)

193.231.248.0/24 is listed on the Register Of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO)
database as being assigned to, under the control of, or providing service to
a known spam operation run by zombies. Please see the ROKSO spam records for
zombies
</quote>

And look at the whois it shows its a assignment SWIP'd to a spammer by an
ISP. Yeah, I'm sure that thats a zombie.

inetnum:      193.231.248.0 - 193.231.248.255
netname:      SC-PRO-SYS-SRL
descr:        SC PRO SYS SRL
descr:        Pache Protopopescu 108
descr:        sector 2 Bucharest
country:      ro
admin-c:      SSC100-RIPE
tech-c:       SSC100-RIPE
status:       ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by:       AS3233-MNT
mnt-lower:    AS3233-MNT
mnt-routes:   WEBONLINE
notify:       [email protected]
changed:      [email protected] 20030410
source:       RIPE

inetnum: 193.231.0.0 - 193.231.255.255
netname: RO-RNC-970804
descr: Local Registry for Europanet customers
descr: RO general
country: RO
admin-c: ES16
tech-c: ES16