Re: Class "B" IP BLOCK

  • From: Stephen J. Wilcox
  • Date: Tue Apr 29 11:27:10 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, John Immel wrote:

> I have a class "B" IP block of addresses (IP 143.170.0.0 - 143.170.255.255)
> for sale / lease and two questions for the
> group:
>
> 1) Are there any resources for buying / selling IP address?

Ebay? I'm thinking nanog isnt a good place for 'buy n sell' (altho if anyone
wants to buy a house in central England feel free to put in an offer... ;)

> 2) Is anyone in the group interested in making an offer?
>
> I understand ARIN has made it difficult to sell IP addresses. We have fixed

Well, the issue is they are not assets, how do you sell something you dont own?
If you receive money, how do you transfer the asset? Do you have some kind of
bond certificate or something??!

> this problem by creating a corporation whose only asset is the block of IP
> addresses.

Oh, how do you demonstrate you possess this asset and its value to your
accountant?

Steve