Re: Get as much IP space as you ever dreamed of, was: Re: Looking to buy IPv4 addresses from class C swamp

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Tue Apr 29 10:20:05 2003

Stephen J. Wilcox wrote:

Further to my earlier post.. a large global private network requiring unique
space at many sites, they use 9/8 .. why not use 10/8 ??? (renumbering reasons
aside that is!)
Recall the counter argument from Stephen Sprunk was that it needed a per site allocation from a registry, and yet these guys are managing just fine without it!

IBM uses the registry. They are alloted a 9/8, even if it is legacy. I do not know what addressing peers to the IBM networks use. I presume that some of them are not 9/8 addressing.

-Jack