Re: Who is announcing bogons?

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Mon Apr 28 21:40:09 2003

Hi, all.

] | If you ask providers, they all say they implement positive prefix
] | list filters on all their customers.
]
] That isn't my (recent) experience at all.  Quite the reverse, in fact!

Agreed.  When I was working for a hosting provider, the filters were
inconsistently applied even within the disparate pipes purchased from
the same provider.  It really depended entirely on the ISP engineer
who configured the link.  This was the case with multiple providers.

] (in the "real" Cymru)

I hope to visit again soon.  :)

Thanks,
Rob.