Re: Who is announcing bogons?

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Mon Apr 28 21:23:10 2003

Hey, Sean.

] But people move on, and things change.

That is exactly why I formed a team of folks.  If I move on, which is
very unlikely, then someone else takes it on.  Reliance on a single
person, no matter how well intentioned, isn't wise.

I agree that positive prefix filters are a better idea.  Unfortunately
there isn't much I can do about that beyond rave.  :)  I try to catch
such things as they occur, but it is really up to each network to do
that work.  The filters I have come across aren't always consistently
applied, are not always well maintained, etc.

Thanks,
Rob.
--
Rob Thomas