Re: Spam thread

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Fri Apr 25 16:25:45 2003

Susan Harris wrote:

Can we please stop the spam thread ("Open relays and open proxies") and
take it to a more appropriate list:

I agree that it's a more appropriate list. Yet I do wonder if the discussion (at least in part), and particularly the original thread before the various sub-threads on SC and blacklisting started is not appropriate for nanog.

In particular, I feel issues with proxies, trojans, etc and how they are dealt with between networks, and their foreseeable threat to the infrastructure itself is relevant to the following the the charter:

"# Discuss specific implementation issues which require cooperation and coordination among network service providers to ensure the stability of overall service to the network users.
# Serve as a focal point for other common activities of the participants.
# Promote and coordinate interconnection of networks within North America and to other continents."

-Jack