Re: Open relays and open proxies

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Fri Apr 25 10:24:19 2003

--On Friday, April 25, 2003 2:31 PM +0200 Daniel Concepcion <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi

I think that the end of the spam and open relays will be  when the smtp
servers talk only with servers  with trust.
Amazingly, even though I am posting in this thread... it is *not* about spam.
Don't be fooled by the mention of open relays. Open proxies are abused for many purposes, of which spam is a minor one. I've seen open proxies in recent DoS source addresses for example.