RE: Low AS - Number

  • From: Mike (meuon) Harrison
  • Date: Mon Apr 21 12:06:42 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Dwight Ringdahl wrote:
> Nope strictly for marketing reasons... ASN has almost no place in BGP
> selection.

Dang Geek Pride!  (Still MH94 and 3901 after all these years..)

It's worse than hanging around Ham radio guys with 4 digit call signs...

.. Next we'll get into .. "I booted off of paper tape.." and then..
"I booted off of flip switches".. but I'm one of the few that have
strung ferrites on a loom.. Martha.. get me my cane..

------- And to get completely off topic.. Why/how would you use
an ASN for marketing purposes? And should this even be considered..
except as a tongue in cheek geek thing?