Re: Zebra Router???

  • From: Frank Louwers
  • Date: Sun Apr 20 04:32:04 2003

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 01:58:35AM -0400, Tom Daly wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm trying to find out what peoples experiences regarding the throughput
> of Zebra on a FreeBSD Box.
     ^^^^^

> This box is running as a simple static router, i.e. one subnet on the
> inside, Internet feed on the other side. No BGP, no RIP, no OSPF. Pretty
> simple, eh?

If you don't use ANY routing protocol, then your Zebra soft is not going
to do anything. (Besides enabling you to telnet to it and do some basic
setup).

You should skip Zebra, and use plain kernel routing.

Kind Regards,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium