Re: changing host records

  • From: Richard A Steenbergen
  • Date: Fri Apr 18 01:45:44 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 12:35:16AM -0400, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> I know this is probably off-topic, but -
>
> How does one modify a host record these days?
>
> The NSI site is utterly unhelpful on the subject, the web page I
> bookmarked a few months back no longer works, and the e-mail interface to
> hostmaster seems to be no longer supported...

You're right it is off topic, but this particular one has been peeving me
for a while so now seems like a good time to bring it up.

Host records are actually covered under the web interface. Login to an
account and it's the bottom left Quick Link, "Manage Host Servers".

The trickier one is creating a contact record for a role account. You can
only create individual contacts via the web interface, and submitting the
e-mail seems to bounce with "incorrect template version" and a copy of the
correct version for the domain registration. I was able to create one role
contact by submitting the form about 50 times, but haven't been able to
duplicate my success since then.

This incompetence brought to you by Network Solutions.