Re: selective auto-aggregation

  • From: bdragon
  • Date: Thu Apr 17 18:38:26 2003

> Only 1 question:
> What about the companies that have a /24 out of the /20 0r /21 that are =
> multi-homed?
> If the route rules are not carefully prepared the multi-homed customer =
> then might be single-homed and tied to the upstream they got the IP's =
> from.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Jim

I'm not seeing any scenarios which would differ from the existing practice
of filtering out said /24 entirely. Depending on how a particular entity
heard the /24, they may even continue to accept it as such without
aggregation. For example, if the company was announcing the /24 to a
peer of a network using this type of aggregation, the peer would still
see the route as a /24. Otherwise, they lose nothing by aggregating to
the /20 or /21 along their transit path.