Re: Fiber Converters, was RE: DS3 Coax..

  • From: Dominic J. Eidson
  • Date: Thu Apr 17 13:25:58 2003

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Christopher J. Wolff wrote:

> Thank you for bringing up fiber converters.  I have a comment I was
> trying to bring to the list that escaped this old man's memory.
>
> To the best of my recollection, I have not implemented a fiber converter
> that lasted more than say, 12 months.  I've tried different brands with
> no luck.
>
> So, my question is, does a 'ruggedized' fiber/coax/X-baseT converter
> exist?

We have had a lot of luck using Transition Networks media conversion
kits to push 10/100 Fiber across large spans within our buildings..

http://www.transition.com/

I believe one of the following might work for DS3-to-fiber-and-back:

http://www.transition.com/products/mcon_platform/standalone/ds3/scscf30xx.htm

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                        "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli