Re: 60 Hudson

  • From: Matt Martini
  • Date: Wed Apr 16 23:50:03 2003

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Simon Lockhart wrote:
>

> > Speaking to Level3, they're saying that the Fibernet suite on the 1st floor
> > is the best place for interconnects to other suites in the building.
>
> Lies. Fibernet is horrible expensive and inflexible. We avoid them like
> the plague.

I've heard similar things about Fibernet. Ask to see other successful
clients before moving there.

> > Can anyone confirm this? Presumably Fibernet would be the best place for
> > 1 cabinet of colo, given this information - anyone have a good sales
> > contact with them?
>
> I disagree. Live in Tel-x 9 or 23, and befriend Metcom.

We've had good experiences with Telx on 9. They are attentive,
organized, and failly quick to act. However, be sure you understand the
costs up front. The colo space andcross connect fees are not too bad,
but electric connections are VERY expensive (I mean VERY VERY $$$).

Matt

 Matthew E. Martini, PE        InVision.com, Inc.   (631) 543-1000 x104
 Chief Technology Officer      [email protected]    (631) 864-8896 Fax