Re: Independent space from ARIN

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Tue Apr 15 12:20:40 2003

At 01:18 PM 15-04-03 +0100, Peter Galbavy wrote:

Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> If ARIN were truly a registry, they would charge by the prefix, not
> by the address, and said fees would only be incurred when a change
> was made. ARIN's fee structure clearly has far more in common with a
> landlord than with a title clerk. If it walks and talks like a duck,
> it's probably a duck.

We are having this issue with RIPE in the EU, where fees increased by 50%
last year - with no justification other than 'we need it'. So, unlike the
Not fair. This discussion thread was already answered by Daniel Bovio to which you were a part of:
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/mail-archives/lir-wg/2002/msg00288.html

Stating "no justification" basically ignores Daniel's valid comments.

-Hank

rest of the IT universe, making cut backs and economising, they are
continuing to support their own gravy train in the hope that their
membership doesn't notice. I think the 50% increase was noticed; now all we
have to do is get to the (not co-located with any other practical meeting in
an obscure location) AGM where budgets are voted on.

Peter