Re: Independent space from ARIN

  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine
  • Date: Tue Apr 15 06:11:15 2003

> I am sure Microsoft would love to have this implemented.  For them to drop,
> say, $5b and buy up all remaining available IP address space is no big
> deal. ...

Howdy Hank,

Back when I was contributing to "Working Group C" (ICANN New gTLDs), through
the clutter of trademark zealots (no new tlds ever) and anarchists (zillions
now) the insight swept over me one like-verisign-to-compeat-verisign evening.

Everyone wanting "in" was an amature, or one of the six new registrars, and
a cut above amature, and no one had deep pockets, except courtesy of the dot
gone bubble. So who could sweep this market, and bundle a domain name into
their product...

It hasn't happened. My crystal ball has a crack.

Eric