Re: Dealing with ARIN.. my experiences & tips

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Tue Apr 15 02:08:42 2003

[ Cc ppml, Bcc nanog ]

Thus spake "Bill Woodcock" <[email protected]>
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Stephen Sprunk wrote:
> > 1. Entities should be able to trade in PA blocks as well, provided
> > they are trading in at least one PI block.
>
> They can.  I'm sure their provider will be happy to oblige, for a small
> fee.

No, I mean that you should be able to trade in both PI and PA blocks for a
single new PI block.  The policy, as written, only allows trade-ins of PI
blocks.  See my replies to David Conrad in this thread.

> > 2.  The policy should explicitly state that no justification is required
> > beyond that necessary to establish tenancy in the returned blocks.
>
> How do you perceive that as being different from what's there?

I don't see any explicit reference to what justification is or isn't
necessary.  My fear is that the folks actually processing trade-in requests
will insist on efficiency documentation (a la RFC2050) before proceeding.
While I'd love to take your word that won't happen, why not make it part of
the policy and eliminate any possible confusion?