Re: ARIN meeting virtual attendance

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Mon Apr 14 18:41:16 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	To actually use the conferencing functionality in this software
> requires that you have the hardware as well.  I've not found a free
> conferencing solution other than using the Vocal (www.vovida.org)
> siph323csgw (sip <->h.323 translator) to talk to the openh323.org
> OpenMCU.

The last time I used openh323 openmcu it was not stable. It could hold 2
clients for a few minutes, then it would crash or lock up. Not to mention
that openh323 was a real PITA to install.

Anyway I was told you can just load the zaptel dummy driver and it will
provide the timing the * conferencing requires. (And if it doesnt, the
x100p is only $100)

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]