Re: ARIN meeting virtual attendance

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Mon Apr 14 17:46:00 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 04:49:39PM -0400, Jeff McAdams wrote:
> Also Sprach [email protected]
> >As is pretty clear from recent threads, there are ARIN members who, for
> >whatever reasons, don't or can't attend the public meetings, but would
> >like to have some input into ARIN's policies as well as voice their
> >concerns over the current state of ARIN <-> member interaction.
>
> I would think that would be a good thing.  Will it bring about
> significant an needed change?  I don't know...but I'd be willing to give
> it a shot if it seems that the possibility exists.

	With the reduced cost of IP telephony devices, the abundance of
bandwidth to (most) of the ARIN region, I think it would make sense
to have some SIP (or if necessary h.323) conference available for
people to remotely join.  This could even be done by multicasting
the session live and having a web form for live-questions/feedback.

	I know my employer has used a similar method (but via a conf
call) for all associates meetings and it has worked fairly well.

	- jared