Re: Remote hands ANYWHERE?

  • From: k. scott bethke
  • Date: Sun Apr 13 20:08:38 2003

That's funny; you know I was just telling someone about this Friday..  One
thing I notice about the colo/ibx/peering buildings is there is always
someone there..  Granted they are working on their own stuff but if there
was some way collectively if we could all show up on a website when we are
"in working" it would be a great resource of people to ask at least.  I'd be
happy to help if I was on site when someone needed something.  I bet we
could get some sort of co-op from the datacenters themselves too (using
in-house badge/bioscan/etc) to allow the registered members info of in-time
to be passed to a website.

Combine that with a list of people in each area to contact willing to come
in and do stuff no matter where they are or what they are doing and you may
have 90% of your solution.  I don't think we are talking about a free
service here either.  I bet lots of people would be willing to help if they
were in the area and were going to get some booty cash.

-Scotty