Re: Independent space from ARIN

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Sun Apr 13 15:29:55 2003

Thus spake <[email protected]>
> So, you didn't renumber out of PA space into PI space and then upon
> hitting 80% utilization asking for additional PI space, which would have
> been justified at such point?
>
> Perhaps the cluebat might do more good on you?

Please explain how somebody with more than 4096 hosts in PA space is
supposed to renumber into a /20 of PI space.

I fear you propose that he move the first 3276.8 hosts, request a second
block, move another 3276.8 hosts, request a third block, etc. until he's got
a dozen new allocations which can't be aggregated.  Perhaps this explains
the explosive growth in the routing tables since ARIN took over.