Re: Independent space from ARIN

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Sat Apr 12 19:30:07 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Steve Gibbard wrote:
> There aren't really technical issues with this beyond what you'd have to
> deal with with normal IP space.  If you're running BGP, you'll have to
> announce the space and get filters updated to allow it, but you have to do
> that with a block of IP space you get from a provider anyway.

Has anyone run into problems with routing though? If you get space from a
tier1, presumably they have agreements with those they peer with to aceept
traffic from those netblocks.

I'm concerned with independent space, that some providers may refuse to
route/accept the traffic. Has anyone run into issues there?

There's also the possibility being allocated space from some of the "new"
netblocks that were previously bogon space (and being firewalled by
providers who havent updated their filters yet)...

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]