Re: Dual node vs "Reliable IP" Architecture

  • From: Brandon Ross
  • Date: Thu Apr 10 17:27:54 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Peter E. Fry wrote:

>   Apparently your skeweree was insufficiently armored -- an obvious
> design flaw.

LOL, indeed.

>   Where do you draw the line?  Probability trees aside, you design your
> system and take your chances.

Of course, you just do the best you can do with the budget that you have
and the business requirements.  To date I haven't seen a significant
benefit to using an integrated redundant device, all things considered.

--
Brandon Ross                                                   AIM:  BrandonNR
VP Operations                                                    ICQ:  2269442