Re: NANOG/ARIN in Chicago

  • From: Chris Parker
  • Date: Thu Apr 10 15:59:57 2003

At 03:43 PM 4/10/2003 -0400, Mark Radabaugh wrote:

> As such, it is not unlikely that mayor Daley's act of terrorism (done in
the
> name of security, by the way) has operational impact.  Hopefully by
October,
> Meigs will be operational and this will be moot.  However, if it is not,
it
> will be very difficult for me to bring myself to attend.  (If it were
> anything
> less than ARIN/NANOG, I simply would not attend).
>
> If anyone wants more information about the destruction of Meigs field,
> please see http://www.aopa.org.  Please send any comments/questions to
> me off-list.  I suspect the rest of the group doesn't want to hear the
> flames/etc.
>
> Owen
> (donning nomex now)

Actually I'm glad to see it brought up.  As a fellow pilot I am equally
appalled by the mayors actions.  I agree completely with the boycott and
would like to see this brought to the attention of the city that ARIN/NANOG
may have trouble attracting members to Chicago due to the terrorist acts of
their mayor.
A little quick on the gun with the "Terrorist" label?  Is everyone you
disagree with in public office a "Terrorist"?

So don't fly to a Chicago airport, stay in a Chicago hotel ( there are
plenty in the suburbs not too far outside the city ).

There's quite a few GA airports around the area.  Palwaukee airport in
the NW subs is decently sized.  Lake in the Hills airport is about 10
minutes from where I live, so maybe you could hitch a ride...  ;)

I for one am glad to see Nanog in Chicago, as in the age of dimminishing
travel budgets I will actually be able to attend rather than try to watch
an intermittant video stream.

-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                  \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net