RE: Abuse.cc ???

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Fri Apr 04 23:38:06 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003, McBurnett, Jim wrote:
> Yesterday, I got word from a network operator that 50 entries was not sufficient.
> So I parsed 4 days's worth and sent them over 1200 messages from their block..
> have not heard back yet..

I love the operators who deny the ip block belongs to them, so you send
them back a whois with the appropriate bits underlined.

This happens a *lot* with tier1's, who really should know better.

> Some ISP's either /dev/null all of it, or they can't stop their users
> or politics stop 'em..

With a lot of providers the official policy is to let the user do whatever
they want as long as the check doesnt bounce and as long as a police
officer doesnt arrive on the doorstep with a subpoena.

But boy do they make a stink when people blackhole them!

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]