RE: Looking for advice on datacenter electrical/generator

  • From: Eric Germann
  • Date: Fri Apr 04 22:39:53 2003

As a volunteer FF ...

Actually, if a fire affects a few city blocks, there will be quite a few
diesel trucks rolling if its a block of any magnitude.  Cummins turbo
diesels pumping 2000GPM out a ladder pipe drink a lot of diesel.  Its not
uncommon at all to refuel them on the fly with courtesy of your friendly BP
delivery driver and its also fairly common to park an 1-1/2" fog stream
underneath the truck fogging the exhaust lest we burn a hole through the
pavement ...

You'd have better odds of finding a diesel truck than the gas line being on
with a large fire.