Re[2]: Looking for advice on datacenter electrical/generator

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Fri Apr 04 20:22:09 2003

On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 19:48:17 -0500 Leo Bicknell <[email protected]> wrote:
> So, IMHO, natural gas is good for smaller applications (probably
> under 250Kw), in areas where the gas is stable so you don't have
> to do on site storage.  Otherwise Diesel is probably cheaper (both
> in genset cost and fuel cost), and easier to obtain.

this is the gist of what i learned a couple of years back. when i asked
the PE at the vendor (a Cat reseller) about gas vs. diesel, he showed me
that for the size generator we were looking at, diesel was a much better
bet on the economics alone.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         [email protected]