RE: Looking for advice on datacenter electrical/generator

  • From: Matthew Kaufman
  • Date: Fri Apr 04 19:01:06 2003

I'm in Santa Cruz County. Since I've been here, natural gas has been off for
multiple days in a row twice. Once because of an earthquake, the second time
because a winter storm put a lot of water in a hillside and the slide
severed the (only) high pressure gas feed for the county.

In both cases, electricity wasn't stable either. So for the last datacenter
I built, I went with diesel.

I've also been told, though I don't know how true it is, that diesel
generators can go longer between service intervals, though for a datacenter
I wouldn't skimp on routine maintenance anyway.

Matthew Kaufman
[email protected] <-home
[email protected] <-work