Re: Datacenter electrical/genset

  • From: Roy
  • Date: Fri Apr 04 14:45:04 2003

One point that I would like to make is to carefully look at your requirements.  Your web site (based on your email address) indicates a county office of education.  Do you really need to run off generator for several days?  An extended battery UPS (like six hours or so) may be a feasible alternative and is probably less than one half the price of a generator and has the added benefit of low maintenance.

In my area if PG&E can't restore power in six hours or so then power loss may be the least of my worries.

Dan Lockwood wrote:

 To throw some water on the flames that I have been receiving, I will be posting a summary of everyone's good information this weekend when I get time.  It is my intention to make that information available to the community.  Calling me names is childish and unnecessary.  Again, thanks to those that took the time to participate. Dan LockwoodMicrosoft Certified ProfessionalCompTIA Network+ CertifiedCisco Certified Network Associate