Re: Abuse.cc ???

  • From: Frank Louwers
  • Date: Thu Apr 03 10:55:47 2003

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:05:55AM -0500, McBurnett, Jim wrote:

>    I just made a number of abuse complaints to a provider and then after
>    contacting the abuse #.
>    I got told that they don't use [email protected] anymore. that abuse.cc is the
>    new email address.
>    Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this against RFC current practice?

Providers don't seem to care about RFC or [email protected] anymore...

Belgium's biggest ISP (skynet.be) is rfc-ignorant as well. They have a
spamproblem (refuse to close down spammers, a lot of the dsl customers
have open relays or open proxies, no action whatsoever has been taken).
Because of this, they get huge amounts of complaints to [email protected]
They couldn't handle it anymore, and redirected the senders to a webform
were you have to fillin you complaint.

They don't care about having a spamproblem, they don't care about being
rfc-ignorant, because they know that every isp in Belgium that does
spam-filtering, is whitelisting them because they are the biggest isp in
town...

Kind Regards,
Frank Louwers

--
Openminds bvba                www.openminds.be
Tweebruggenstraat 16  -  9000 Gent  -  Belgium