Re: Looking for advice on datacenter electrical/generator

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Wed Apr 02 18:54:18 2003

Most places I hang around have only 5 to 10 minutes batter. We, NAC,
usually plan on 10 minutes at full load, sometimes a little more.

If your genset doesn't start and sync in 30 seconds, it's unlikely, that
even with really good planning, that you'd get a rollup there, hooked up,
etc., in time. Murphy wouldn't hear of it.

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Richard Welty wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 15:37:28 -0800 Dan Lockwood <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Our current plan is to purchase the UPS with a minimal amount of
> > battery, approximately 15min worth; just enough to get the generator
> > running.  Is this the better way to go?  Or should we consider more
> > battery?
>
> just how certain are you that your generator is always going to start
> within 15 minutes?
>
> richard
> --
> Richard Welty                                         [email protected]
> Averill Park Networking                                         518-573-7592
>               Unix, Linux, IP Network Engineering, Security

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, [email protected], latency, Al Reuben --
--    Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net   --