Re: Semi-OT: solicitations to nanog

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Wed Apr 02 09:06:26 2003

Joe wrote:
So as not to cluter up the list, I've posted the response/thread
of email I received regarding this, complete with the "explaination"
so to speak. I don't buy it, but perhaps I'm missing something.
http://www.rocknyou.com/nanogspam.html
I was surprised to get a response none the less.

In this particular case, reguardless of the Friendster TOS (which I don't believe supported the action), it is (if I'm not mistaken) the list maintainer's call concerning whether it was appropriate or not and what action (if any) is needed.

My personal opinion is that the list is designed to "bring people together" and its membership is, I'm sure, aware that there are other ways of communications which are often handled on a case by case basis off-list (or perhaps the off-topic list depending on it's charter?).

-Jack