FC: Colorado state senate delays vote on "mini-DMCA" bill

  • From: Gregory Hicks
  • Date: Tue Apr 01 13:13:20 2003

FYI...

Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 10:15:36 -0500
To: [email protected]
From: Declan McCullagh <[email protected]>
Subject: FC: Colorado state senate delays vote on "mini-DMCA" bill

----

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:39:14 -0700
To: Declan McCullagh <[email protected]>
From: Charles Oriez <[email protected]>
Subject: state DMCA - delayed in Colorado

Thanks to the publicity on the politech list over the weekend, a couple
of state senators heard from their constituents yesterday, and the
Colorado version of the legislation (HB1303) was laid over for a week.
It had been scheduled for final passage in the State Senate today.

Of course now the folks who raised the issue in the first place have to
finish the job.  It isn't dead, merely delayed.

http://www.leg.state.co.us/2003a/inetcbill.nsf/fsbillcont/A2F0DA113DF2BFC087256CC2006BFB94?Open&target=/2003a/inetcbill.nsf/billsummary/FFD96D398232513587256CBF00543930

charles oriez          [email protected]
39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
**

---