Re: internet.com

  • From: Michael Painter
  • Date: Mon Mar 31 23:16:30 2003

From: "E.B. Dreger" <[email protected]>
> Most day-to-day apps don't really care about ping.  Attempts to
> connect to 80/TCP are successful.  Ping and traceroute give me !X
> communication prohibited by filter.
>
> ICMP echo and response are NOT critical Internet traffic.  The
> inability to send/receive is NOT an inherent indicator of network
> health.
>

> Eddy

Ahh, thanks Eddy.
When the only tool you have is a hammer...<g>

I haven't received anything from the isp-lists for a couple of days, and couldn't reach isp-planet.com's nameserver, so went looking
with what I had.

Time to get *nix loaded on this new laptop I suppose...what's your favorite traceroute prog.?

--Michael