RE: State Super-DMCA Too True

  • From: todd glassey
  • Date: Mon Mar 31 16:48:14 2003

Yes but this is specific to the argument on whether an ISP
should be accountable for what people do with its bandwidth
and what I think is ultimately going to happen is that these
laws are going to be put in place and as part of enforcing
these there will be some arrests.

Now beyond that I don't know, but I am sure that being a
co-conspirator to any number of illegal acts by facilitating
them through what is set as the standard of "operational
negligence", i.e. that what is generally expected of you, is
still prosecutable. And when the first round of Network
Admin's go to jail for being complicit in these frauds, the
tunes regarding "hey you cant do this to us" will all vanish
as your individual lawyers tell you to shut-up before
contempt citations cost you more jail time.

I wish this was different or that the general class of
Admin's wasn't willing to fight this out - but after a few
people wind up in jail, the general tune will change - I
assure you.

My one embedded comment in caps below "TSG -->"

Todd Glassey