Re: OUTAGE: Known Iraq public Internet service

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sun Mar 30 03:26:55 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Sean Donelan wrote:
> In the last few hours, all the public Internet hosts I knew were
> physically in Iraq (i.e. connected through the Iraqi state provider),
> have stopped responding.  I don't know the cause (power failure,
> telecom failure, physical damage, shutdown by administrator, etc).

The Associated Press reported Iraq's Information Ministry Internet
server was on the 10th floor of the Information Minstry's building.
That portion of the building was destroyed by a Tomahawk missle.

Uruklink's street address appears to be very close to the Information
Ministry, but I don't know Iraqi postal addresses and roads well enough
to know the relationship between them.  Whether Uruklink and the
Information Ministry were one and the same.