Re: Allegiance telecom boston colo down?

  • From: Andy Dills
  • Date: Fri Mar 28 17:46:56 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Dave Israel wrote:

> > While there is always room for improvement, and some providers have
> > goofed up, there are providers who attempt to keep their network users
> > (even if they aren't direct customers) informed.
>
> And if you're a network operator who is flinging packets across our
> network and they aren't arriving, and you want to know why, that
> generally fits the descripton of "good reason," in my book.

Should we assume your "book" is the algx policy guide?

Or that you are just as idealistic as the rest of us are pessimistic? :)

It's one thing to say "Oh, you should have called our NOC, they'll help
you out, regardless if you're a customer or not" as a face-saving measure
on NANOG. It's another when one of your _customers_ follows that up with
"Tried that, they had no idea what was wrong".

Cheers to a good weekend,
Andy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Xecunet, Inc.                           www.xecu.net
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dialup * Webhosting * E-Commerce * High-Speed Access