Re: Allegiance telecom boston colo down?

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Fri Mar 28 14:48:30 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Dave Israel wrote:
> On 3/28/2003 at 14:02:36 -0500, Sean Donelan said:
> > On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Dave Israel wrote:
> > > I do.  But I won't discuss it in this forum.
> > >
> > > My best advice in general, is when you have a backbone problem with
> > > Allegiance, call the NOCC (866 696 2794, options 3,1,4).  They've got
> > > the most data on that, and if you're a customer of Allegiance, they'll
> > > gladly share.
> >
> > And if you're not a customer...
>
> ...then if you have a good reason to ask, they'll help you, and if
> not, they won't.  This should not surprise anybody; that's how NOCCs
> are.

I guess we'll have to wait for Allegiance customers "leak" the
information.  The leaks may not be as accurate as if the information
came directly from Allegiance.  Other providers such as AT&T, Earthlink,
MFN, RCN have a different philosophy about providing information
concerning their network status.  Not all NOC's are the same.