Re: is this true or... ?

  • From: Richard Irving
  • Date: Fri Mar 28 14:01:38 2003

Sean Donelan wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, blitz wrote:
> > If it is, it reveals how utterly clueless our legislators really are....
> > At 15:09 3/28/03 +0100, you wrote:
> > >http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8595
> Uhm, I don't think you can blame the legislators for this one.  Almost
> identical legislation being introduced in six different states?  I suspect
> an outside influence was involved in drafting the proposed legislation.

  Now, -that's- using your noodle.

   With just a little investigative work, we should be able
to find out which of the "Righteous Vigilante Right"
was running around championing this concept....

   Usually, you find someone who is a member of a politically
active group, perhaps a church group, or lobbying group,
who has a child, and walked in upon him/her opening up a pornographic
spam....

  And then, with tears streaming from their eyes, knowing their
"innocent darling Pat" has been corrupted, and -damned- for all eternity...

They become determined to lead us all to
   the "One True Path" of righteousness...

 The Universal WorldWide Creation of "Pat's Law".

 (Pause for Hysterical Sobbing for the Now Damned soul)

 (Que: Triumphant Angelic Music)

  With Such bogus Rhetoric as their foundation,
 as:

 "You want our children to be -=safe=-, don't you ?"

 (Scratch Record, stop music abruptly!)

 Most people are dumbfounded when encountering
such Rhetoric... for some reason, they can't
seperate the answer to the logical trap posed in the
wording that they have stepped into,
from the -=real=- answer to the problem....

 Most people internally cognate the answer "Yes" to the above question,
and then can't understand why they find themselves
agreeing with the RVR's proselytizer....

  * dohh *

I.E: "Do you beat your wife, often ?!"

  :*

 The real way to combat such morally reprehensible
manipulation of logic of the verbal exchange is
to identify the underlying fallacy.

So, instead of "Yes", answer:

 "Of course we do, Schmuck, that is why we oppose such a
 negligent abuse of power and the subsequent
 creation of ludicrous laws... by emotionally
 blinded idiots, such as yourself... and seek a -real- solution,
 instead of attempting to "legislate" something you simply
 don't understand, ineffectively."

 Yup. Find the Fallacy, and soon one understands why the
RVR's really should seek -=therapy=-, not political office.

So, in conclusion:

 "You want to be Safe -and- Free, don't you ?"

  :P

 .Richard.

Historical Quote:

 "Any resemblance between this post,