Re: is this true or... ?

  • From: Alfredo Sola
  • Date: Fri Mar 28 10:12:56 2003

> >http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8595

        While they are at it, it would be nice if a carefully applied lobbying
could transform that into something that made more sense security-wise.

        After dealing with one too many DDoS attacks, I would gladly mantain
storage of a few weeks worth of netflow data for security uses if everybody
was (a) required to do the same, and (b) required to assist when an attack is
detected.

        Hey, one can be optimistic from time to time. Before flames begin, let
me say that I hold no hope of something remotely similar to the above coming
true in the foreseeable future. Nor do I like the idea of the Internet being
ruled by laws, which in addition are written by people without a clue, in the
first place.

--
Alfredo Sola, after receiving an e-mail from an administrator of a smurf
amplifier claiming that we, the attacked party, are actually the attackers.