Re: how to get people to upgrade? (Re: The weak link? DNS)

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Wed Mar 26 13:37:14 2003

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 08:14:45 PST, [email protected]  said:

> What are you talking about, DNS check option will work great for BIND,
> I mean if BIND can not get to the root server and thereafter to ISC, you
> don't have to worry about it getting hacked, its probably not connected to

Keep in mind that the *really* damaging security incidents tend to be the
ones with skilled and/or insider attackers.  And if you've scored some
secretary's PC inside the corporate net, a DNS server inside the net
(and unable to contact the outside world) makes a GREAT way to leverage
the foothold....