Re: OT: Notebooks /w a serial port?

  • From: Jason Lixfeld
  • Date: Fri Mar 21 16:44:23 2003

I forgot to cc nanog, but you can pick up USB to Serial adapters. I just picked up a high speed usb to serial adapter for about $80CDN:

http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA19W/

hth.

On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 04:31 PM, Larry Rosenman wrote:

--On Friday, March 21, 2003 16:46:51 -0500 Drew Weaver <[email protected]> wrote:

Seems like these are all but extinct, but does anyone know of a
'new' notebook that has a serial port built onto it? I've found some that
have port replicators, but that can be a pain when you need to serial
into a router or some other device. What do you guys use?
Socketcomm has a PCMCIA serial port card.

Not cheap.  If you hear of something else, Please let me know.

LER

-Drew

Phone: +1 972-414-9812                 E-Mail: [email protected]