Re: ATM SVCs/Signalling

  • From: John L Lee
  • Date: Fri Mar 21 11:22:22 2003

Mark,

1. What manufacturer of the devices and what model are the edge and then the network device you are connecting to?

2. What version and revision of UNI (3.1,4.0) is your edge device using? UNI 3.0 is PVC, UNI 3.1 is original SVC support, UNI 4.0, 4.1 if it is out yet is more advnaced SVC. PNNI 0 did not support SVC so
that would need to be at least PNNI 1.0 as I remember.

3. What version of NNI / UNI are the Network devices using?

4. What error code return are you getting?

5. Are your NSAPI addresses statis or dynamic and do you have dynamic TEI registration set or are they statucally assigned.

If your NSAPI and TEI are dynamic and your keep alives are not set rigth perodically you will drop "unregister" the NSAPI / TEI amd it will have to be reregistered again and
during this time the "route" would be dropped.

John (I Still Do Not know) Lee

Mark Borchers wrote:

Good morning,
I'm working on a project that requires the use
of ATM SVCs through a large PNNI cloud. My equipment
sits on the edges of the cloud. It appears that static
NSAP routes configured on one of the upstream edge
switches is being intermittently withdrawn (or blocked).

Are there any operators on the list who have experienced
this type of problem or could point me in the right
direction as to what could cause this to happen?

Thank you,

--
Mark Borchers
Infinite Global Infrastructures, LLC