Re: 69/8 revisited

  • From: jlewis
  • Date: Wed Mar 19 13:28:32 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Rick Ernst wrote:

> Their answer was basically that 69/8 (only) is where they are allocating from
> and that "from reading NANOG, it appears that much of the problem has been
> resolved."

I wonder what they based that ASSumption on?

The thread just sort of died...and now you've revived it.

> I haven't seen any updated information that 69/8 is now working for people.
> Is everyone just quiet about it, or have filters actually been updated making
> this a non-issue?

I've been busy with other things, so I haven't been able to spend as much
time on my 69/8 reachability project as I did the first few days.  I still
have a list of about 700 destinations reachable from 209.208/17 but not
from 69/8.  That's down from about 1000 when I did the first ping sweep.
I know I've personally gotten half a dozen or so networks to update their
filtering.  I've also had several messages apparently go ignored (1 week
with no response and no filter update), two of which are US military
/16's.

A bunch of the remaining affected networks are in other countries where
I'm afraid language is going to be a barrier.  This issue will likely
never be entirely resolved.  Just hope your customers don't care about
reaching the remaining affected networks.

 Jon Lewis *[email protected]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |