Re: [Fwd: FC: Email a RoadRunner address, get scanned by their

  • From: Jack Bates
  • Date: Sun Mar 16 18:36:49 2003

[email protected] wrote:
> [...]
In other words, it's okay for an ISP to scan systems so long as they receive
a connection from the system without spam on hand. However, it is not okay
for a 3rd party to do the same scan, despite the fact that using a 3rd party
limits the number of scans performed by aggregating the results. Considering
how much we complain about route aggregation, I'd think scan aggregation
would have a higher interest. FireDaemon is becoming pretty popular after
all.

--
-Jack