Re: route filtering in large networks

  • From: Stephen Sprunk
  • Date: Thu Mar 13 16:15:39 2003

Thus spake "Dorian Kim" <[email protected]>
> Route filtering and route validation are not necessarily the same things.
> AFAIK, there are no scalable mechanisms for route validation deployed
> today.

A few years ago, I saw an I-D that proposed BGP route repudiation, e.g. you
can't be sure a route is _good_, but you can be sure some routes are _bad_.
This seems to solve our bogon problem if not the general case.

In the meantime, we're still waiting for uRPF implementations that are
useful in multihomed networks -- a must-have for widespread deployment.